Space Planner Volunteer
Volunteer Position Purpose:
To support food shelves in their capacity to serve their communities, FFEN works alongside food shelves to transform their food shelf. Many times, this looks like a food shelf layout redesign! There are many reasons a food shelf will want to redesign their space; e.g. wanting to create a more welcoming environment for food shelf users, needing to allow for more families to be in their space at once, or switching their distribution model! This position would review the current food shelf layout, and recommend new layout options.
- Review Current Layout: Visit food shelf location during service hours to see the current design in action. Meet with the food shelf contact to hear about current challenges in the space, and their hopes for the new layout.
- Recommend New Layout Options: Create and document new option(s) for the food shelf contact to review.
- Experience in space planning, layout design, architecture, or interior design
- Ability to document new layout option(s) through online tools, software, or sketches
- Has access to a computer for consistent communication and documentation
- Organized and task-driven
- 5-15 hours per food shelf design
- Some daytime availability required to visit food shelf location
- Flexible and mostly remote, with the ability to control meeting times and deadlines
- Participating in a unique organization supporting the work and sustainability of MN food shelves.
- Gaining knowledge of the broader hunger relief sector/system and the organizations addressing the issue of hunger and food insecurity.
- Expanding and building your layout design experience.
To apply for this position, forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com