VITA Tax Volunteer (Virtual)
Summary: The VITA Tax Volunteer works with individuals and families to assist them in preparing their tax
returns using the tax-software TaxSlayer.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare and review state and federal tax returns using TaxSlayer tax software.
• Ability to abide by all confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Proficient with technology and working with computers, and ability to coach clients through using
• Motivation to work completely virtually, manage scheduled hours and use digital tracking and
• Team-oriented, able to work cooperatively with staff and other volunteers.
• Must be comfortable interacting with people of diverse backgrounds, education, economic status, and
• Fluency in English language (written and spoken). Bilingual in Hmong, Karen, Nepali, Somali,
Spanish, or another language is desired